about the interface

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Just a consideration, 

I think it would be nice to have a resizable groups window, because there are so many groups with long names and so much space in the schedulr window...but no resizable window :)

Love your software!

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback and sorry to be so late in replying but I hadn't noticed the posts since apparently I forgot to subscribe to email alerts :-s

In any case, this has been implemented in v1.4, please try it out and let me know if it's ok!

-Jelle

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Edited Nov 10, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Regarding the interface for 2.x verses the 1.4 version...

I love the look, but the iPhone/Android style icons for the groups and sets just don't work.  For groups/sets with longer names, you can't really tell what you're choosing.  I suggest losing the icons, and going back to the name-only pull-down lists.  After all, most people know their groups by name over icon anyway, so the (full) group name is far more important than the icon.

I also preferred the side by side pulldowns.  It made the workflow much simpler.  Scrolling through groups (especially for those with lots of them) is fairly tedious now.  It was much simpler/faster with the pull-downs.

If you prefer to keep the icons, perhaps there's a way you could offer user control over this?  (icons vs pull-down lists)

For now, I'm sticking with v1.4, which is a shame, since the darker background of the 2.x versions are much easier on the eyes.  Sorry to sound negative.  I really do love Schedulr, and use it every single day.

Just a side thought... how about offering a darker version of v1.4 side by side with the 2.x versions?  They could be thought of as "graphical and non-graphical" versions.  (Again, just a thought.)

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I've added an option in v2.2 (just released!) to show text only for the groups and sets so hopefully that will get you to move off v1.4 because I'm really not maintaining that version anymore. So let me know how you think I can improve v2 and I'll see what I can do!

Cheers,

Jelle