New feature request: upload all photos in a folder, and create a photo set using the folder's name; schedule multiple batches

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Edited Jan 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I started to use the Schedulr and really liked it.

May I describe the features that I feel are missing?

1st, I think the ability to upload a folder worth of photos is very useful.

Right now, to upload all photos in a folder, I need to press the "Add Batch" button, then navigate to the desired folder, select all the photo and click ok. Then in Schedulr, I need to select all the photos in the batch, and in the right hand panel, go to "Batch" and click on "Create new set for this batch", and give the set a name.

I would really like to see that I can drag and drop a folder in Schedulr. Then Schedulr would automatically scan the folder and add all the photos to a batch, and then automatically create a new set with the folder's name.

Even better, if I drag and drop multiple folders, they'll be added to different batches, and each would be uploaded to a different photo set in Flickr.

2nd, would it possible to run as many batch jobs as possible while the scheduler allows? For example, if you have 5 batch jobs, and the schedule is running for a duration of 3 hours, then during this 3 hours, it would try to run all the batch jobs, one after another? If when 3 hours passes, only 3 jobs are finished and it's running half way through the 4th job, it would stop there and then continue the unfinished jobs the next day?

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Very useful program, glad I stumbled across it! I second the above request. The biggest help would be the auto creation of a new set based on folder name. (unless I am missing existing functionality). The 'add to set based on folder' feature is great unless the set does not exist, then the photos are just uploaded without being added to a set.
Thank you!