New feature request: Create a new set, photo upload progress, set sorting

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Just downloaded schedulr and am impressed with what you've created.

I miss some features - in priority order :-)

1. the ability to create a new set for the batch to go into. I recognise that this is not so useful for people who actually schedule their uploads and KNOW where they want it to go in advance. I upload photos manually but often create a new set for each upload batch and assign photos to the new batch.
  2. I miss the Uploadr photo upload progress granularity. Uploadr will show where it is in the upload of a particular picture whereas Schedulr only indicates progress at the whole photo boundaries.
  3. I have many sets (something like 200) and it would be nice if I could choose to sort them in another order than the order created. Alphabetically and numerically would be ideal.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 2:36 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 2:37 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I've created 3 work items to track these requests.

Regarding your point about the more granular upload progress, this is actually a known limitation with the FlickrNet library that I'm using. As soon as they provide more granular upload progress I can show it in Schedulr as well.

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Jelled

Great thanks for this. Regarding the progress information - it makes you wonder how Uploadr 3.2.1 does it then. I have the source code so I'll have a little look if that's obvious.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Uploadr doesn't use the FlickrNet library so it doesn't have that limitation, I assume they're doing everything themselves whereas I'm relying on FlickrNet for all communication with Flickr.

I used to have granular upload progress by the way, but I had to switch to asynchronous uploads (otherwise it wouldn't upload large files due to a timeout in the synchronous upload method) and in that case FlickrNet doesn't notify me of upload progress of the picture itself.

Cheers,

Jelle

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Jelle

OK - saved me looking then.

My excuses - accidentally called you Jelled.

Jerry Norbury

Amsterdam